Converting CAL regions to XamDockManager

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Hello,

I started adding docking facilities to an existing CAL Application using Infragistics and the NCAL. I got quite far adopting the Sample, but there are some questions not covered by those or the documentation (at least I didn't find any):
- Can I have the following structure: A single xamDockManager (ApplicationRegion) with different SplitPanes and DocumentContentHosts, with each having several ContentPanes holding my SubRegions. It will look like that:

<igDock:XamDockManager cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Static main:RegionNames.MainRegion}" Theme="LunaSilver" >
<igDock:XamDockManager.Panes>
 <igDock:SplitPane x:Name="LeftSidePaneName" igDock:XamDockManager.InitialLocation="DockedLeft">
 </...
<igDock:DocumentContentHost>
 <igDock:SplitPane>
  <igDock:TabGroupPane>
   <igDock:ContentPane Header="Foo Header">
     <ContentControl cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Static main:RegionNames.WorkspaceRegion}" />
   <...

I got errors with this structure. Is it possible to combine CAL regions and xamDockmanager regions?
- Another attempt is to use a xamDockManager for each of my old CAL regions. This works, but I can't dock a view to an other region (what would be o.k.) and I cant stretch a view to the whole regions size, when dragged once.

Could anyone give me some hints how to restructure my UI or how to solve the problems?

Thanks
Stef
Feb 2, 2009 at 2:50 PM

Hi Stef,

What errors do you get when using the XAML specified above?  You could eliminate the ContentControl and give the ContentPane a RegionName instead.

Support for moving regions between two XamDockManagers is not supported, because moving panes between two XamDockManagers is not supported.