Is upgrade to February 2009 CAG Planned?

Feb 24, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Microsoft upgraded the Composite Application Guidance for WPF on February 16, 2009.
Are there any plans to upgrade NCAL?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:35 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in NCAL.  We are in the process of schecduling an upgrade to the latest version of CAG.
Mar 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Hi,

Can you tell us a date when to expect the upgrade to the latests version of CAG (approximately)?
Mar 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM
Hello,

I'm using ncal in my current project.
After converting my project to CAG WPF Feb. 2009  I have
the following problem.

It seems that the regionmanager does now not
recognize regions defined in xaml.
I get the following error. "The region manager does
not contain the REGION_DockingArea region"

Do you have any idea how to fix this.
Can we get a workaround until  an update is released?

Greetings and thank you.
hh
Apr 7, 2009 at 8:25 AM
Hi Infragistics Team,

I'm not the first one asking this question but as it's really important for me I ask again:

Can you tell us when we can expect the upgrade to the latest CAL version ?

Regards

René
Apr 15, 2009 at 12:22 PM
I already upgraded the code with latest Prism v2. I will share if you guys need it. Just let me know.
Apr 16, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Hello,

I am very interested in your implementation of NCAL for Prism v2. Do you mind sharing your code?

Thanks.
Apr 24, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Perhaps michaelsync could post a patch, or the complete source, either to the repository's maintainers or on his own blog (with a link to the article here)?
May 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Not sure about michaelsync, but I also upgraded the library to Prism v2 and Infragistics 2009.1. You can download it from http://www.baileysc.com/releases/ncal.zip. If want to use the previous version of the Infragistics controls, you can keep the proxies project from the current release.

In Prism v2 the OnSetRegionManagerCallback function has been removed. This is what attached the RegionManager property to each of the child controls under the shell and allowed the GetRegionManager method to return the region manager when given the XamDockManager control. A null will now be returned. Registration of the regions is now handled by the RegionManagerRegistrationBehavior class. This registers the region with the region manager, but does not add the dependant object property.

To get around this problem I created my own RegionManager registration behavior (NCALRegionManagerRegistrationBehavior). This behavior is identical to its counterpart except that it also sets the region manager on the associated control. The behavior is added by overriding the ConfigureDefaultRegionBehaviors method of the bootstrapper.

May 8, 2009 at 1:52 AM
Edited May 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM

May 8, 2009 at 1:53 AM
Edited May 8, 2009 at 1:55 AM

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:18 PM

The current PRISM?CAL release is now 2.1 released in October of 2009. I don't see any indications that NCAL has been updated to support this release or even the 2.0 version from February 2009.

Is the NCAL project dead??

I'm really enjoying using the CAL code base. I really want to use Infragistic's controls. I'll be very disappointed if the two don't play nice together! :(